Spring officially begins on March 20th. The first day of spring is called the Vernal Equinox and happens when there is an even divide between daylight and dark hours. If you’re ready to say goodbye to winter and celebrate spring, here are five fun things to do.
- Visit D.C. Every spring, the cherry blossoms along the Potomac River bloom in glorious shades of pink and white. Due to a warm February, peak bloom is expected to arrive sometime between March 14th and 19th.
- Travel to Mexico. If you happen to visit Chichen Itza and the ancient Mayan pyramid, El Castillo on the Equinox, you can watch the Return of the Sun Serpent, which is a shadow that travels down the steps of the pyramid to form the shape of a snake.
- Learn about the Easter bunny. Read more about the origins of the Easter bunny and how one theory believes it stems from the pagan festival of Eostre.
- Have a reunion. In Japan, spring is a time for family reunions. Plan a get-together for your family and dye Easter eggs or head outside to enjoy the beautiful weather.
- Do some gardening. Nothing says spring quite like beautiful flowers blooming. Add some new flowers or trees to your surroundings.
Here at Highview Motors, we hope everyone has a happy and healthy Spring.
Image by Nicholas Raymond